Try This Recipe With Jilli Pepper Green Chile Salsa!
Many Salsa2U™ recipes are based upon a recipe provided by the salsa manufacturer. However, we frequently modify these recipes in the Salsa2U test kitchen based upon the response of our taste panel.
• 1 16 oz Jar of Jilli Pepper Green Chile Salsa
• 1 16 oz Jar of water
• 3 tsp. instant chicken broth granules
• 2 tsp. ground cumin
• 1 1/2 tsp. minced garlic
• 3 cups potatoes cut in small chunks
• 1 cup frozen okra
• 1 cup frozen corn
• 12 oz shredded crab (or imitation crab meat, or shrimp)
• 4 green onions, sliced in half-inch lengths
• 1 1/3 Tbsp fresh lime juice
• 6 drops hot pepper sauce of your choice
Bring the Jilli Pepper salsa and water to a boil in a medium sauce pot. Add chicken broth granules, cumin, garlic, and potatoes. Cover and cook for 5 minutes. Add water if gumbo is too thick. Add crab and green onions--cook until the crab is heated through (only takes a few minutes). Remove from heat and stir in lime juice and pepper sauce. Serve with cornbread muffins or hearty sourdough bread. [Serves 4]
Recipe tested, developed and/or modified by Salsa2U. All Rights Reserved.
Order this salsa now with small quantity discounts. Click salsa jar photo above.
|Back to Recipes Section|